WOW it's been awhile since I've updated everyone!
As the title says...Gabriella Leigh is here!
I came to the hospital Wednesday morning @ 6:30 am to be induced. Adam is leaving for South Carolina tomorrow (Saturday) to take care of some family business with his Dad. I talked to the Dr. a few weeks ago and asked to be induced before Adam leaves, IF Gabby didn't make an appearance on her own by then. He scheduled me for May 20th.
I got to the hospital @ 6:30 am and was hooked up to the pitocin IV by 7:30 am. My nurses were AWESOME the entire time I was in L&D. They made sure I knew that I had a script for pain meds from my Dr just in case I needed them. I went almost all day w/ no meds, the contractions were managable. As the day progressed so did the contractions. I finally asked for my pain meds and they were great! LOL
Once the first round of pain meds wore off I asked for some more. They told me the 2nd round wasn't going to be as effective as the first and boy were they right! When the contractions were getting to the point that I couldn't take them much more, my nurse decided she would check my cervix. I was dialated to 3 1/2 so she called and got the epidural ordered. Once I got that and wasn't in anymore pain Adam asked the nurse how long it would be for me to be ready to deliver. She said it could be Noon the next day!!! I was not happy about that! LOL He decided he was going to go ahead and go to work and try to rush through it.
He left and the nurse came back in and decided to check me again. I was already dialated to a 6 or 7 (her words), so I called Adam and told him he should probably come back to the hospital. When he got back (in about 10 min LOL) the nurse came back in and said she checked and I was @ a 7. We sat here for about 20 minutes when I started to feel a LOT of pressure. At first I didn't really say anything, but then it got so bad I HAD to tell the nurse. She decided to check me again and I was @ a 10 and she could feel Gabby's head so she went and got the Dr and everyone else.
I pushed 3 times and Gabby arrived at 1:41 AM weighing in at 7 lbs 6 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. She is absolutely PERFECT!!!
I never imagined myself with another baby, but now I couldn't imagine my life w/o Gabby and she's less than 48 hours old!
Tommy and Faythe (Adam's daughter) have met Gabby, unfortunately Lexie hasn't yet. She is coming home this weekend (tonight hopefully) so she will get to meet her baby sister soon enough.
Going to put some pictures in and end this post. Just wanted to let everyone know that things went very well and that Gabby is perfect! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment