Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What a Day!

Today started off pretty uneventful. I didn't work today because Tommy just had a med change and his mood swings have been pretty bad. Anyways around 4:30 we left the house, with Tommy, Alyssa and Shannon. (my best friend & roommates nieces) We took them to McDonalds for dinner and then went to the Nursing Home to visit Anna's Dad. On the way back from the nursing home I thought I had hit a pothole. (at least that's what it felt like) I lost control of the car. We were on top of a bridge going over some train tracks. We swerved to the right into the concrete wall. The speed limit is 55 mph and that's about what I was doing. I hit the wall and the front of the car actually came up OFF the ground. Anna and I thought we were going to go over! Thank God we didn't. It bounced and came to a stop 20-30 feet from where I hit the wall. Thankfully everyone is okay.

I'm calling my dr about my arm in the morning. I had surgery on it May 15th. My Ulna bone didn't stop growing when I did. I wrecked a dirtbike October 14th and ended up having surgery to remove part of my Ulna bone. Went to the Dr. last week and the bone is not healing at all yet. This accident has me scared. I don't want to have to go thru another surgery for them to fix it. When we hit the wall my arm got jammed into the steering wheel.

The girls are sore and upset. Their Mom came to the accident site and picked them up. They just needed to be with their Mommy tonight.

Tommy's okay. He's more worried about me and Anna I think. He's not hurt at all.

Anna and I are pretty sure we have whiplash and my arm is hurting pretty bad.

I did call the Dr's answering service and had them page the Dr. on call! LOL I'm so paranoid about this arm getting more messed up than it already is! He told me if the pain gets too bad to go to the E.R. but if I can wait to just call them first thing in the morning.

Was going to post a blog about Tommy tonight and the problems we are having but I just wanted to let everyone know what happened, and that we are all O.K.!

Hope all is well with everyone else.

No comments: